Breast augmentation is the process of using implants to create fuller, larger breasts. This procedure can be done purely for cosmetic reasons, or it can be done to replace volume lost after pregnancy or substantial weight loss. Finally, breast augmentation can be done after a mastectomy to rebuild the shape and look of the breast.
Breast Augmentation Recovery Tips
There are several things you can do to make the healing process as short and simple and possible, optimizing your recovery for the best possible results. For more details check Consult best Breast Augmentation surgery in Hyderabad at Personiks
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning for your breast augmentation recovery:
1. Before your procedure, it’s ideal to do a little bit of preparation in your home. To avoid having to leave the house before you’re ready, make sure you’ve taken care of necessary errands like grocery shopping beforehand. Have clean, comfortable clothes easily accessible for your recovery, and tackle any last-minute house-cleaning so you can truly rest after your surgery.
2. Depending on your situation, you may be able to pick up your pain reliever and antibiotic prescriptions the day before your surgery. This will save you a stop on the way home on the day of the procedure, and prevent you from forgetting.
3. If possible, have a friend or family member stay with you for the first couple of days after surgery. Soreness and tenderness may make it challenging for you to complete simple tasks for up to a week after the procedure. Having a caregiver close by can significantly alleviate any physical or emotional stress.
4. Make sure you have plenty of drinking water and healthy foods on hand to help speed the healing process. You may not have as much of an appetite as you usually do, so light, and nourishing meals are ideal during this time.
5. Avoid lifting heavy objects (including small children) or raising your arms above your head during recovery. This will help minimize swelling and promote proper healing.
Breast Augmentation Recovery: Frequently-Asked Questions
Understandably, patients considering breast augmentation surgery often have many different questions about what to expect during the recovery process. We believe very strongly in helping each patient feel confident, well-informed, and ready to move forward with breast augmentation. Our team is always happy to answer any questions you may have. For more information on Breast Augmentation visit Oprst
Here are some of the commonly-asked questions we receive regarding breast augmentation recovery:
What pain is normal after breast augmentation?
It’s normal to have moderate pain for one to five days after the surgery, at which point it typically begins to reside. Expect mild to moderate soreness for a few weeks or so.
How painful is breast augmentation recovery?
Because each patient’s pain threshold is different, your pain level during the recovery process will be unique to you. However, the majority of patients report mild to moderate pain for a few days after the surgery, but find significant relief with the use of the prescribed pain relievers.
Is swelling normal after breast augmentation?
Yes. Mild swelling is to be expected after a breast augmentation procedure. You may experience swelling in the area for up to three or four weeks after your surgery.
Is a fever normal after breast augmentation?
If you notice that you’re running a fever, or detect warmth and/or redness in the breast area, you should contact your doctor. These symptoms could be signs of an infection, and it’s essential to act quickly to resolve any potential issues. Other symptoms to watch for include chest pain (different from the recovery pain of surgery) or shortness of breath.
How long does breast augmentation recovery take?
While every patient’s personal healing time will vary slightly, the average recovery time for breast augmentation is about eight weeks.